PTC ENGINEERING NOTEBOOK
PTC Engineering Notebook is powered by PTC Mathcad, it provides a powerful CAD integration between PTC Creo Parametric* and PTC Mathcad*.
When you use a true digital engineering notebook, your text, interactive CAD calculations, graphs, and images fit in one worksheet that everybody is able to read. With PTC Engineering Notebook you are able to embed a worksheet in your Creo CAD model with an associative connection, which updates changes made to either worksheet. PTC Mathcad also fully integrates with Solidworks.
PTC Engineering Notebook increases the value of your intellectual property because it can be found, understood and reused. It also leads to more productive design and review cycles.
PTC Engineering Notebook allows you to:
- Document Your Design Intent
- Capture your calculations and notes through written text as well as natural math notation – allowing you to easily share worksheets with colleagues.
- Visualize complex data through the use of advanced plotting – tables and graphs allow for more visual documentation.
- Embed a brand new PTC Mathcad worksheet, or one you’ve already created, into your Creo model at any part or assembly level. Use these embedded worksheets as documents to record design assumptions, decisions, and intent. This Creo integration allows all documentation to be saved within the model and travel with it wherever it goes.
- Create Analysis Driven Designs
- Use advanced analysis features such as curve fitting, smoothing, and statistical analysis to ensure your CAD model is structurally sound.
- Capture and reuse calculations – allowing for cross-company standardization.
- Seamlessly connect CAD models to your pertinent documentation and CAD calculations – allowing for Creo models and PTC Mathcad worksheets to be merged together, enabling design transparency and traceability.
- Verify and Validate Your Designs
- Push CAD parameters and dimensions into PTC Mathcad to initiate geometry-based design verification.
- PTC Mathcad’s live math environment will automatically update when your CAD software pushes a new set of values to PTC Mathcad, giving you an up to date look at all CAD calculations.
- PTC Mathcad will tell you whether or not your CAD model meets your design requirements from a mathematical standpoint. This validation will give you confidence that your current model meets all requirements.