Important Changes on the Horizon
After December 31, 2021, PTC will only offer new subscriptions of Mathcad Prime 7. For customers currently subscribed to Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 1.0 – 6.0 who cannot yet move to Mathcad Prime 7, PTC is offering a multi-year renewal option. Customers who wish to take advantage of the multi-year renewal option must do so before December 7, 2021, so the associated licenses can be activated prior to December 31, 2021. At the end of the multi-year renewal term, these older versions of Mathcad will stop working and customers must move to Mathcad Prime 7 or above. This option is only available through December 7, 2021.
Read the FAQs today to prepare your team for upgrading to the newest release of Mathcad Prime.
How to prepare
On March 2, 2021, Mathcad Prime 7 will be available to download. To do so, simply:
- Click Here
- Log in to eSupport
- Download Mathcad Prime 7
Watch the nearby video to learn how to easily transition your legacy Mathcad worksheet files to Mathcad Prime files using Mathcad Prime 7’s integrated worksheet converter.
Upgrade to PTC Mathcad Prime 7 on March 2021
The new Mathcad Prime 7 includes features to make your worksheets easier to use and more powerful than ever before, including:021
- New symbolic engine updates
- Integrated converter for legacy Mathcad worksheets (no need to install legacy application)
- Combo-box input control for easy to setup drop down menus for variables selection
- Easier sharing of worksheets by directly saving them as PDF files
- User experience updates, including “scroll and focus” enhancements
If you haven’t checked out Mathcad Prime in the last few years, you will love the additions made in recent versions, including:
- Manage your most critical content with Area Protection and Locking
- Documentation improvements, including spellcheck and custom margin sizes
- Equation wrapping
- Hyperlinks in text
- New 2D Chart Component to better visualize your data
- Windows 10 support